Wednesday 14 September 2011

Imperial Guard Test Models

Well, it is time to get working on a pretty ambitious painting project: 16 vehicles and 103 infantry in about six weeks. I have been working on a new scheme based a lot on the lessons I have learned from a great painting blog, so I should be able to speed paint the crap out of this stuff.

First off was preparing some test models to see how it will look and to work out my painting steps. Here's what I got so far:

 
My test models
Two Sentinels

Basic Meltagunner

Chimera

So, as you can see, it is basically a desert scheme. The base is a Iyandan Yellow with some Vermin Brown camo work all applied by airbrush. I will do some work in progress for my future batch painting showing the steps, as I am sure someone out there can benefit on a quick explanation of how to speed paint an army. These four models were all done in under two hours combined and I am quite happy with how they turned out.

3 comments:

  1. Looking good, nice to see some progress other than the 3 min colours you had at onslaught earlier this year.

    Btw, lets do vassal some time, noone around here plays anymroe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin really good Tim

    ReplyDelete